For Immediate Release: January 27, 2015 … Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 705-929-4043
Sudbury, ON: Five candidates in Sudbury’s provincial by-election will be sharing their thoughts about the climate crisis and which carbon pricing policy they would champion at Queen’s Park. This is not a debate but a 10 minute one-on-one conversation with a moderator, Gerry Labelle.
· Suzanne Shawbonquit (NDP) – confirmed
· Andrew Olivier (Independent) – confirmed
· Jean Raymond Audet – (People’s Political Party) – confirmed
· David Robinson (Green Party) – Can’t attend because he is in Toronto. Either sending Fred Twilley to speak on his behalf or a video answer
· Glenn Thibeault – is at local riding association AGM – thus can’t attend. Sent a written answer which will be read aloud at the event.
The government of Ontario will soon announce its carbon pricing policy and then the debate will begin at Queen’s Park between MPPs. Carbon pricing has world-changing implications and if done right, a carbon price could unleash the tremendous potential Ontario has to become global leaders in the clean tech industry.
Citizens’ Climate Lobby is a non-partisan organization. We hold a very high standard for decorum and respect for politicians and volunteers at our events. We endeavour to create drama-free democracy and adult conversations about issues as best we can.
Join us at: Cambrian College Open Studio, 93 Cedar St., Unit 303, Sudbury, ON, P3E 1A7 January 27, 2015.
6:30 to 7:30 – Candidates in the bi-election discuss carbon pricing with our moderator, Gerry Labelle. The discussion will be broadcasted and recorded via Google Hangout and You Tube.
7:30 to 9:00 – Sudburians will then watch a Carbon Pricing Forum with experts live from Toronto. https://cclca.wpengine.com/content/forum-putting-price-carbon-tuesday-january-27-2015