“It would be immoral to leave our children a climate system spiraling out of control,” Dr. James Hansen, a member of our advisory board.
Watch the video to learn more.
Want to know more about Citizens’ Climate Lobby and be empowered to speak for millions?
July 14 Guest Speaker
Adele Morris, Brookings Institution
If you want to learn about carbon pricing, Adele Morris is the person to talk to. She is a senior fellow and policy director for Climate and Energy Economics at the Brookings Institution. Her research informs critical decisions related to climate change, energy, and tax policy. She is a leading global expert on the design of carbon pricing policies. Before joining Brookings in July 2008, she worked with the Joint Economic Committee (JEC) of the U.S. Congress, where she advised members and staff on economic, energy, and environmental policy. She holds a Ph.D. in Economics from Princeton University, an M.S. in Mathematics from the University of Utah, and a B.A. from Rice University.
Latest Tweets from CCL Canada
- Question posed tax CDN tax accountant today: Would dividend cheque from carbon fee+dividend be taxable income? HST… https://t.co/SwqjQ6Q9za
- Wood Buffalo park deteriorating: federal study ... and yet more oilsands projects are slated .. https://t.co/4xul5gMOLD
- UNHCR wants STRONGER SEARCH+RESCUE Med. Sea arrivals decline death rates rise People continue to die at sea in prop… https://t.co/Blcbc17Gfh
- Climate change is real, it is us, it is dangerous and the solution is to cut emissions. We need policy persistence.… https://t.co/17aTE1HrXt
- Gentle Reminder to our volunteers next CCL Canada Education call will be Thur, Sept 20 at 4 pm PT / 7 pm ET (NOTE T… https://t.co/RA5wmt2zPG
- @AdeleCMorris Carbon $$ unanimous economists: most cost effective+efficient way to reduce emissions from fossil fue… https://t.co/TOPo92bctZ
- Adele Morris. Brookings. Carbon pricing unanimous economists: most cost effective+efficient way to reduce emissions… https://t.co/fGCeS4u0Sd
- Last post until Monday. Super grateful for all the great work out there by our volunteers and friends. Keep working… https://t.co/3QQqnz3cbf
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby Canada
Premier-elect Ford said in his acceptance speech that he wanted to gain the confidence of those who did not support him. Perhaps taking the lead from James A. Baker and George P. Schultz might help. Carbon fee and dividend…June 27, 2018
At the Parachutes for the Planet display in Washington DC on June 11, 2018, Rachel Kyte, Chief Executive Officer of Sustainable Energy for All, and Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General for Sustainable Energy for All, took pictures of…June 25, 2018
This spring in the House of Commons, while the Official Opposition was hammering on the carbon tax and all of its apparent faults, we were applauding our two area MPs – Richard Cannings and Wayne Stetski – who spoke…June 23, 2018