Monthly Saturday International Call 10 am PT / 1 pm ET
Saturday, September 9, 2017
Dr. Shi-Ling Hsu, Associate Dean for Environmental Programs at the Florida State University College of Law
Dr. Shi-Ling Hsu is the John W. Larson professor and Associate Dean for Environmental Programs at the Florida State University College of Law. He is the author of The Case for a Carbon Tax: Getting Past our Hang-ups to Effective Climate Policy, which remains the most comprehensive general treatment and argument for carbon taxation. He teaches and writes in the areas of environmental and natural resource law, climate change, law and economics, and property.
Professor Hsu holds an M.S. in ecology and a Ph.D. in agricultural and resource economics, and was an EPA Star Fellow from 1996-98. A member of CCL’s advisory board, Dr. Hsu has completed 22 marathons, including 6 Boston Marathons.
Listen to or download the call from our podcasting channel or iTunes.
CCCL-September 2017-Action Sheets
The call is in the CCL USA Zoom Room – 2017201717
10 am PT / 1 pm ET
Past Monthly Guests and Actions
Latest Tweets from CCL Canada
- #CCCL2017 THE FUTURE IS OURS Oct. 21-24 @Pembina @EcofiscalCanada @CleanProsperity @publicjustice & more Register:… https://t.co/CFxkEYodOn
- PEMBINA: PMs Trudeau and May announce partnership to support global transition away from coal-fired power https://t.co/X0jrp6Jc9I
- China strengthens climate pledge as White House creates confusion /via @globeandmail https://t.co/bcsCgES09p
- @ec_minister CCLers are cheering you all on from Canada, USA, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia & Pacific. Yes unstop… https://t.co/LgabUshftZ
- VOTE A CLIMATE CO-LAB FOR CCL Revenue Neutral Carbon Fee and Dividend: Bending the Emissions Curve https://t.co/C9eJjz2FLq
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby Canada
The predictability of the BC carbon tax hike is key to de-risking clean tech adoption. De-risking is exactly what it sounds like: as fossil fuels become steadily more expensive, clean tech will become a predictably less risky investment. That will encourage…September 15, 2017
Governments and civil society, including Citizens’ Climate Lobby, depend on the work of the IPCC. The IPCC reports are invaluable documents to help all governments make smart, evidence-based decisions for our future. The price tag of $6 million dollars…September 13, 2017
It’s that time of year again: back to school. New from the Canadian government is the climatekids.ca website . As the Crosby, Stills, and Nash songs says, “Children, teach your parents well”. The song also encourages parents to…September 4, 2017