Creating the political will for a liveable world since 2010
At Citizens’ Climate Lobby we stand with all politicians who stand up for the climate.
Want to know more about Citizens’ Climate Lobby?
October 12 Guest Speaker
Kiera O’Brien, Students for Carbon Dividends
There’s been a shift among Republicans in Congress on climate change, due in no small part to polling that shows younger GOP voters are as concerned about climate change as their progressive counterparts. As vice president of Students for Carbon Dividends, Keira O’Brien is working to harness that passion among young conservatives to generate political will for carbon dividends legislation, which places a fee on carbon and gives revenue to households (sound familiar?). Kiera, who is President Emeritus of the Harvard Republican Club, recently testified at a congressional hearing alongside Republican pollster Frank Luntz. Over the summer, she spoke about carbon dividends at the Teen Vogue Summit: “There are many climate-oriented groups rallying around the problem, but Students for Carbon Dividends is rallying around the solution.”
Latest Tweets from CCL Canada
- @cherylmcnamara @lulex @louise27comeau @cathylacr01x @cat_abreu @byrnejm @GaryBota @CleanProsperity… https://t.co/4iRyQIlTCm
- Today, we have finally released our "Climate Action Counts" table and explanation of the party platforms. The yout… https://t.co/vTKYefRVCN
- @EfficiencyLast Agreed that CFD has value. We have CFD in Canada. We met with Parliamentarians over 900 times and a… https://t.co/P0DAoRbDFl
- How The Four Federal Parties' Climate Plans Stack Up https://t.co/OQ64gq47jt
- @EfficiencyLast It is a bottomless pit of trying to figure out ideal communication because of all the lies on socia… https://t.co/0RtRbQ6qJx
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby Canada
In conclusion, on Election Day 2019, Monday, October 21, 2019, Canadians will have to choose between candidates whose parties offer strong ambition but lack realistic implementation strategies; realistic policies with less ambition; or weak policies that match a lack…October 16, 2019
For a family driving a car with a moderate mileage of 10 L/100 km (23 mpg), the increased cost of gas from carbon pricing is $3 for a single 60 L fill up, or less than $100 per year…October 15, 2019
In July 2019, a questionnaire representing the collective priorities of various environmental organizations, including Pembina Institute, GreenPeace, and the Sierra Club, was sent to Canada’s six main political parties. Here is a summary of the official responses from the…October 10, 2019