Monthly Saturday International Call 10 am PT / 1 pm ET
July 8 Guest Speaker – Andrew Jones, Climate Interactive
Andrew (Drew) Jones is Co-Founder of Climate Interactive, a top-rated climate change think tank that creates the simulations used in the United Nations negotiations. An expert on international climate and energy issues, his quotes and interactive data stories appear frequently in the New York Times, The Washington Post, and other media.
Jones and his team at CI and MIT Sloan developed “C-ROADS”, the user-friendly climate simulation in use by thousands of climate analysts around the world. He teaches Systems Thinking and Sustainability at MIT and UNC Chapel Hill’s Kenan Flagler Business School.
Listen to or download the call from our podcasting channel or iTunes.
CCCL-July 2017-Action Sheets
Andrew Jones’ Presentation
The call is on our CCL Zoom Line at 10 am PT / 1 pm ET
Past Monthly Guests and Actions
Latest Tweets from CCL Canada
- @cathmckenna's memorable pinky promise with one of @citizensclimate's young volunteers take care of the environment… https://t.co/pZYxt2ARIA
- One of @citizensclimate's youngest volunteers gave @algore a thx card helping make her life more convenient last ni… https://t.co/i4yKOpypEV
- Climate change is real and carbon pricing can benefit Saskatchewan. This is real leadership Honourable @RalphGoodale https://t.co/Zg31SXlb3p
- All hell breaks loose as the tundra thaws https://t.co/nuC354l4DJ
- OPEN LETTER: Business/Groups Canada's carbon pricing policy rise past 2022, include BTA + economy wide, please sign… https://t.co/sniIAFyKtK
- Canada not prepared for 'inevitable' wildfires, says environmental expert https://t.co/5zIMa88zYT
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby Canada
MEDIA RELEASE: Climate Lobbyists applaud government committee report on de-risking clean tech adoption in Canada
Between 2005 and 2014, global trade in clean technology exports doubled yet Canada’s ranking fell in clean tech sales fell from 14th to 19th. The data is quite clear that Canada needs a clear carbon pricing signal to…June 20, 2017
Longtime friends and high school students Rebecca and Naomi gathered upwards of 50 signatures for a parliamentary petition that focus on climate change and youth.June 19, 2017
MEDIA RELEASE: Canadians among over 1,000 climate advocates to converge on DC and lobby Congress for price on carbon
With the White House rolling back initiatives to reduce heat-trapping emissions, Congress needs to enact a market-based policy that’s good for the climate AND the economy.Building on the progress of the bipartisan House Climate Solutions Caucus and the…June 6, 2017