“It would be immoral to leave our children a climate system spiraling out of control,” Dr. James Hansen, a member of our advisory board.
Watch the video to learn more.
Want to know more about Citizens’ Climate Lobby and be empowered to speak for millions?
September 8 Guest Speakers
Leaf Van Boven and David Sherman, social psychologists
As we strive to bridge the partisan divide on climate change, researchers are finding that the views of Republicans and Democrats are not as far apart as we perceive. The problem is that people tend to listen almost exclusively to their tribal leaders. Leaf Van Boven and David Sherman elaborated on this phenomenon in a recent New York Times op-ed. Van Boven is a professor of psychology and neuroscience at the University of Colorado, Boulder, and Sherman is a professor of psychology and brain sciences at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Their valuable insights on this month’s call can inform and improve our approach in generating the political will to enact climate solutions.
Latest Tweets from CCL Canada
- @MarcSerreMP @environmentca @ec_minister @ConnectedCathy Great study out from our the good people at… https://t.co/8FtGwe6BT3
- John Ivison: Game-changing study suggests Liberal carbon tax plan would put more money in Canadians' pockets… https://t.co/81DgkewfuT
- Laser Talk: Fossil Fuel Subsidies and the G7/G20 https://t.co/JWF2I8HaD1
- LASER TALK Have you ever wondered what our position on pipelines is? Here it is: https://t.co/mlbgSnx6qJ https://t.co/grRpEn23XC
- @environmentca Clean growth = 65 million jobs, $26 trillion dollars by 2030 globally- Sir Nicolas Stern. Excellent… https://t.co/oAQC0seeSH
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby Canada
Despite some reforms in recent years, Canada is still the largest provider of fossil fuel subsidies to oil and gas production in the G7 per unit of GDP 2018 according to the September 2018 report: Public Cash for Oil…September 19, 2018
Governments have the difficult yet doable task of balancing the budget, the climate crisis and social concerns. The Liberal Government is not on track to balancing our budget (1, 2). As well, despite signing the Paris Accord and having…September 14, 2018
CCLer Judy O’Leary reflects about her lost summers in BC with a changing climate. Instead of sinking deeper into despair, she has found how this can be the catalyst for some great conversations and engaging climate action.September 12, 2018