May 12 Guest Speaker Julia Roberson, VP of Communications for Ocean Conservancy
Saturday, May 12, 2018, 10 am PT / 1 pm ET
Zoom Room – 2017201717
One of the more troubling aspects of climate change is its impact on oceans, which are a major source of food and also affect our weather patterns. Joining us for the May call to discuss that impact is Julia Roberson, VP of Communications for Ocean Conservancy. Her passion is communicating about the people and stories behind big environmental issues in a way that leads to action.
Roberson is a skilled writer and media relations professional deeply committed to ocean issues and to finding the intersections between serving nature and people’s needs in our rapidly growing world. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, from Appalachian State University.
Latest Tweets from CCL Canada
- @CleanProsperity Two years ago the PBO estimated meeting our targets would cost us 3% of our GDP. Thus carbon prici… https://t.co/og6iJyad9z
- "Trouble in paradise": Why death of world's coral is alarming .. Scope of Great Barrier Reef's massive coral bleach… https://t.co/JCUivaCCtC
- @CleanProsperity Hi again. Globe editorial: "Carbon taxes are an effective way of getting people to lower their fos… https://t.co/6HRrt0kHJe
- @CleanProsperity If the regions shift their approach and instead “undertake more efficient revenue recycling, such… https://t.co/8ILUaXl1gV
- @CleanProsperity What is the cost of doing nothing?
- Our volunteers have had 105 letters to the editor published thus far in 2018 and have sent over 400 personal letter… https://t.co/57PZimrFe9
- Our volunteers are hyperfocused in pulling on the five Levers of Political Will https://t.co/6c0nzZPUez #climate via
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby Canada
SPECIAL EARTH DAY MEDIA RELEASE: Frequently asked questions about the climate crisis, Canada and carbon pricing
Canada is at a crossroads which will determine our role in creating the climate conditions of our planet for the next 150 years. In the next 18 months, Canada will have four critical elections in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta and…April 19, 2018
What is macro-critical resilience? What are the Talanoa open dialogues? What is going on below the surface of the international negotiations? Watch our March CCL Education call with Joseph Robertson, Global Director at Citizens’ Climate Lobby to find out…March 25, 2018
“Only 2% of Canadians belong to political parties. Political stripes aside, elections provide an opportunity for Canadian citizens to empower political leaders to choose the best climate policies,” says Cathy Orlando, National Director of Citizens’ Climate Lobby. Our Ontario Climate Counts…March 5, 2018