Creating the political will for a liveable world since 2010
Since 2010, CCL Canada has been creating the political will for a liveable world by empowering individuals. We have focused on carbon fee and dividend. After lobbying on Parliament Hill 13 times together, in October 2018, PM Trudeau announced the details of Canada’s carbon pricing backstop. It is a form of carbon fee and dividend. This income tax season, enjoy your “climate action incentive” payment if you live in jurisdictions in Canada without carbon pricing.
Want to know more about Citizens’ Climate Lobby?
March 9 Guest Speaker
Anne Kelly, Senior Director of Policy at Ceres
Enrolling support from the business community is essential to getting effective climate policies enacted by Congress. Anne Kelly, Senior Director of Policy and the Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP) Network at Ceres, joins our March national call to talk about making the business case for acting on climate change. Anne is an environmental lawyer with twenty-five years of combined experience in the private and public sectors.
Latest Tweets from CCL Canada
- How handy. Just in time for our lobbying at Queen's Park #MakeTomorrow #Ontario https://t.co/84R6UvGv77
- @EcofiscalCanada Perfect timing. 31 CCL volunteers will be at Queen's Park tomorrow. This is so helpful! #MakeTomorrow #Ontario
- They have stayed focus on carbon fee and dividend unrelentlessly. We love all them so much. There are many across o… https://t.co/3WFli5bxHG
- Why we call them the best volunteers on the planet: For almost nine years in Canada, month after month, year after… https://t.co/f4NtxmPNv8
- Undaunted and full of hope because we are acting again again again. 31 of us our on our way to lobby at Queen's Par… https://t.co/fduchyHJTh
- Correction MPPs
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby Canada
Citizens’ Climate Lobby Ontario is lobbying at Queen’s Park. They are asking MPPs to recognize the urgency of the climate crisis. Climate emergencies have been declared in over 300 communities in Canada. The youth have risen and adults must…March 25, 2019
The first school strike for the climate in Interior BC held March 4 was an enormous success. Despite bitterly cold weather, well over 200 students from around the region converged in front of Nelson City Hall for hours.March 17, 2019
Understanding the many ways to price carbon and that we will probably use all them during different points in time for different reasons is useful to keep in mind and is why carbon pricing cannot be easily discussed effectively…February 28, 2019