“It would be immoral to leave our children a climate system spiraling out of control,” Dr. James Hansen, a member of our advisory board.
Watch the video to learn more.
Want to know more about Citizens’ Climate Lobby and be empowered to speak for millions?
June 9 Guest Speaker
Nathaniel Stinnett, Environmental Voter Project
If political will is the key to enacting effective climate policies, there’s a big obstacle that needs to be overcome: Many environmentalists are not showing up to vote. Joining our June call is Nathaniel Stinnett, founder and executive director of Environmental Voter Project. Their mission is to identify citizens concerned about environmental issues who are staying home on election day and turn them into active voters. Stinnett has held a variety of senior leadership and campaign manager positions on U.S. Senate, congressional, state, and mayoral campaigns. He was named one of America’s 50 environmental visionaries and is a frequent speaker on cutting-edge campaign techniques at top universities and campaign management trainings.
Latest Tweets from CCL Canada
- Suncor, Enbridge seek clarity as Doug Ford upends Ontario's carbon trading program 'Everyone's scared. These guys w… https://t.co/JmB8KlqvvE
- Nuclear, renewable firms fund new group pushing carbon tax https://t.co/IHQneTfV8K
- A new, conservative-led push for a carbon tax would give revenue back to U.S. taxpayers as a ‘carbon dividend’… https://t.co/sdv9PeCxAA
- Let’s have a worthy debate about sea level rise https://t.co/xy0DLKGvrF
- 1st CARBON TAX BILL The Senate in Massachusetts passed a carbon pricing bill unanimously. If you don't count cap an… https://t.co/698wyh3DW7
- Trying to undo cap-and-trade could lead to a hideously expensive mess. Companies have made major $ on emission cred… https://t.co/wKycmGUo5h
- Conservatives in the USA appear to be listening to market-based solutions for the climate crisis. Climate change f… https://t.co/cPLsopH1lt
- Benefits of curbing climate change far outweigh costs https://t.co/39YzZA4R9s
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby Canada
MEDIA RELEASE: Climate Change and the Ontario Election – One of These Parties is Not Like the Others
The Liberals, Greens and NDP all have detailed carbon pricing policies and mechanisms for protecting the poor and middle class as the carbon price ramps up. The PCs has not been forthcoming with their plans for combating climate…May 31, 2018
Dr. David Maenz, author of The Price of Carbon was our guest and he gave a presentation on Shell’s Sky Scenario. Shell’s Sky Scenario includes government carbon pricing.May 29, 2018
BP, ExxonMobil, and Shell are founding corporate members of the Climate Leadership Council (CLC). The CLC is a policy institute that is actively lobbying Congress in the US to pass legislation for immediate implementation of a $40 per tonne carbon…May 27, 2018