Creating the political will for a liveable world since 2010
Since 2010, CCL Canada has been creating the political will for a liveable world by empowering individuals. We have focused on carbon fee and dividend. After lobbying on Parliament Hill 13 times together, in October 2018, PM Trudeau announced the details of Canada’s carbon pricing backstop. It is a form of carbon fee and dividend. This income tax season, enjoy your “climate action incentive” payment if you live in jurisdictions in Canada without carbon pricing.
Want to know more about Citizens’ Climate Lobby?
April 12 Guest Speaker:
Rev. Susan Hendershot, Interfaith Power & Light
On the issue of climate change, the faith community speaks with a moral authority. One of the leading voices in that community is Interfaith Power & Light, whose mission is “to be faithful stewards of Creation by responding to global warming through the promotion of energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy.” IPL President Rev. Susan Hendershot joins our call this month to share the work they’re doing to spread the gospel of stewardship and sustainability. Rev. Hendershot is ordained in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) with a Master of Divinity degree from Emory University in Atlanta.
Latest Tweets from CCL Canada
- @cathmckenna Since October 2015 - methane regulations - coal phaseout plan - Canada's food guide in line with human… https://t.co/8H0wScFKMo
- @kamorant We like the Green New Deal. We look forward to seeing specifics and working cooperatively together to mak… https://t.co/2uxYab0rrS
- Greta Thunberg's emotional speech to EU leaders – video https://t.co/DNsgQFCzPd
- @kamorant A $250 billion dollars carbon market by 2030. Must be to be transparent, effective and leave no one beh… https://t.co/z9w92S0zDY
- @kamorant Deep point We don't have time to make mistakes. What criteria should we use going forward? Transparency?… https://t.co/Hs7MvPF1bX
- QUESTION: Will gov'ts get more money from carbon offsets or tax revenues from increased economic stimulus because o… https://t.co/QoHE2UFjAZ
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby Canada
Today, Canada’s long awaited carbon pricing policy goes into effect. Get the facts here.April 1, 2019
MEDIA RELEASE: Youth Tells Adults to Clean up Their Mess at Queen’s Park Breakfast and Receives a Standing Ovation
“Climate change is threatening our future. The recent IPCC report stated that we only have 11 years left to act on climate change before we cannot stop it anymore. We will only be in our 20s when the 11…April 1, 2019
We are going back to Ottawa for the fourteenth time to lobby for a liveable world on May 13 and 14. We have a lot of fun at our conferences. We would love for you to join us.March 31, 2019