We insure our health, our homes and our cars. Why not our environment?
Watch the video and be empowered to create the political will for a liveable world.
Want to know more about Citizens’ Climate Lobby and be empowered to speak for millions?
December 8 Guest Speaker
Per Espen Stoknes, psychologist
On our December call, we are joined by Per Espen Stoknes, a Norwegian psychologist and politician for the Green Party who served as a deputy representative to the Parliament of Norway. He weaves together psychology and economics in imaginative ways, often revolving around our human relationships to the natural world and to each other. He is the author of the book, What We Think About When We Try Not to Think About Global Warming. Stoknes posits that people have five inner defenses that stop them from engaging on climate change, and he offers ways to “flip” those defenses.
Latest Tweets from CCL Canada
- Climate change could wake up Canada's dormant volcanoes | CBC News https://t.co/ao1Wy2OSws
- A Conservative Case for a Carbon Tax. No, Seriously. Subsidies and regulation are a terrible way to decrease omiss… https://t.co/pvwuZkDBTa
- This is not acceptable: Ontario stalls on climate action — #onpoli #onclimate @Pembina https://t.co/r532llZBKe
- Ramping up: Ambitious climate policy returns to British Columbia https://t.co/Lps6bRz5kb
- @AnitaPayne111 @cathmckenna @ElizabethMay @MikeSchreiner @effensource @m65c64 @cherylmcnamara @marktcameron… https://t.co/CwuGY1mrqV
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby Canada
UPDATED MEDIA RELEASE – Friday For Future Youth Climate Strikes in Nine Canadian Cities during COP24
“Why should we go to school if there is going to be no future? The climate crisis is solvable, yet some adults are jeopardizing our future by blocking real action. They are not listening to experts nor cooperating….November 30, 2018
MEDIA RELEASE: Citizens’ Climate Lobby Canada Welcomes Bipartisan Carbon Pricing Bill Just Introduced in Congress
“To call this legislation a breakthrough is an understatement,” said Citizens’ Climate Lobby Executive Director Mark Reynolds. “Any long-term solution needs buy-in from both Republicans and Democrats. And now that their constituents are feeling the negative effects of climate…November 28, 2018
OPEN LETTER: The Government of Ontario Has Made a Huge Mistake Axing the Office of our Environmental Watchdog
Without a properly function oversight and transparency, Ontario is at risk of joining the ranks of Russia, USA, and Saudi Arabia in their level of commitment to the climate crisis. Is this what we want Ontario: to be in…November 20, 2018