Monthly Saturday International Call 10 am PT / 1 pm ET
Saturday, November 11, 2017
Maj. Gen. Rick Devereaux, USAF (ret.)
Our Veterans Day speaker is retired Maj. Gen. Rick Devereaux, who served 34 years in the U.S. Air Force before retiring in 2012. His last assignment was Director of Operational Planning, Policy, and Strategy in Washington, D.C. He is currently Executive Vice President for Government Affairs at Texzon Technologies, a pioneer in the field of electromagnetic wave propagation, power storage, and electricity distribution.
Gen. Devereaux is also a volunteer with the Asheville chapter of Citizens Climate Lobby where he educates the public about the national security risks of climate change.
Latest Tweets from CCL Canada
- @eleanor70001 @Jon_M_Arnold @EcofiscalCanada Public opinion on climate is shifting. Theyll need credible climate po… https://t.co/yd3Jn7yKqW
- 87.5 per cent of #OntarioPC members voted to “dismantle cap and trade, withdraw from the Western Climate Initiative… https://t.co/VC9ddinAKg
- @ConnectedCathy @cathmckenna @ElizabethMay Great to hear this. Respect and honesty are the CCL way as well. Thanks so much @ConnectedCathy!
- Check out this #COP23 shout out to @citizensclimate lobby delegates @ConnectedCathy and @poet_economist. Thanks for… https://t.co/iqqiVdF4ck
- .@IRONandEARTH The tide is turning. All economic and political excuses for inaction on climate are disappearing. It… https://t.co/UeK6OAmiUd
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby Canada
Learn how 18 year old Alyssa Taburiaux’s response to a climate dismissive piece got published in newspapers across British Columbia.November 13, 2017
Armed with two days of training and networking, 240 signatures from businesses and NGOs on their open letter and 652 print media hits in 2017, volunteers from across Canada presented five simple steps to improve Canada’s carbon pricing policy…November 2, 2017
Media Release: Environment Commissioner Says Canada Will Not Meet Its 2030 Target: Canada Can Bend the Curve With A Strong Carbon Pricing Policy
On Tuesday in her yearly report, Julie Gelfand, Canada’s Commissioner of the Environment and Sustainable Development, warned that the federal government must put its plan to cut greenhouse gases and adapt to climate change into concrete action to mitigate…October 4, 2017