Creating the political will for a liveable world since 2010
At Citizens’ Climate Lobby we stand with all politicians who stand up for the climate.
Want to know more about Citizens’ Climate Lobby?
Nov. 14, Guest Speaker, Tia Nelson, Outrider Foundation
At the age of 13, Tia Nelson spent the first Earth Day cleaning up trash with her junior high classmates. She went on to follow in the environmental footsteps of her father, Sen. Gaylord Nelson, founder of the historic event that ushered in a new era of awareness and action for our environment. Now the Managing Director for the Outrider Foundation, which works to end the threat of nuclear war and reverse the course of global climate change, Tia joins this month’s call in the aftermath of a momentous election. She’ll share the lessons she learned from her father and offer perspective on the state of the climate movement based on her many years of working on that issue.
Playback options are available on our volunteer website: CCL Community.
Latest Tweets from CCL Canada
- Note there is no timeline and the people will have to keep at it.
- Democracy in action! Never doubt the power of sustained peaceful protests conducted by a broad base of people focus… https://t.co/5Qyek448VS
- @GaryBota @fordnation @CAPE_Doctors Make Natural Gas Produced Electricity pay the full carbon price —with a reducti… https://t.co/qVAp96T1o2
- How can we quickly win trust so our legislators fix climate change? Canadian Motivational Interviewing trainer… https://t.co/yo7XtksjMQ
- @reneelertzman We were recently honoured to have Dr. Lertzman guide us in Canada. She gave us tools that are alread… https://t.co/Hj6B2NyFQA
- #WinterRendezvous @AngieNussey story and song COVID accelerating change. We are not broken or lost. We are growing… https://t.co/mYxxHsoeo3
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby Canada
“Our planet matters and your voice matters. I’m here to be your advocate for a greener and cleaner future!” Those were the words of Marc Serre, MP for the riding of Nickel Belt, when he rose in the House…November 22, 2020
Youths across Canada in the Fridays For Future movement are asking all of us to listen to the experts and cooperate. Bill C12 will require that our politicians do just that. Not only must opposition parties cooperate in the…November 19, 2020
In the next couple of months, our volunteers will be lobbying their parliamentarians in a Biden-Harris world. What we are proposing is a gentle and effective tool to gradually wean our economy off fossil fuels while not burdening the…November 19, 2020