Creating the political will for a liveable world since 2010
At Citizens’ Climate Lobby we stand with all politicians who stand up for the climate.
Want to know more about Citizens’ Climate Lobby?
September 12, 2020 Guest: Tina Johnson, Director, National Black Environmental Justice Network
As the COVID-19 pandemic unfolds, we see disproportionate numbers of Black people becoming infected and dying from the disease. Leaders in the environmental justice community know this disparity all too well, and in June the National Black Environmental Justice Network was relaunched to help communities of color address the inequities that place them in harm’s way. Tina Johnson, director of NBEJN, joins us to talk about those disparities and how the network is fighting for environmental justice.
Latest Tweets from CCL Canada
- @ElizabethMay @paulmanly And a carbon tax that gives the money back to the people would also help. Rich people ofte… https://t.co/S6vDXzwIYV
- We are 10 years old this month. In the past 10 years, our exceptional volunteers have recorded >1000 meetings with… https://t.co/FwXh4b1a4W
- We are in a #ClimateEmergency. This is not hyperbole this reality. We will be looking for a climate-safe and just b… https://t.co/JsudC62mnS
- 7/7 EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED We are about creating a liveable world. For 10 years CCL Canada lobbied for carbon fee… https://t.co/MZeD6K4r4v
- 6/7 CARBON FEE & DIVIDEND (CF&D) Wanted - a gentle transition 27 Nobel Prize economists, & vast numbers of economis… https://t.co/VN8OSv2EVx
- 5/7 US Commodity Futures Trading Commission US financial system Without targeted, explicit price carbon emissions,… https://t.co/I7cE8KKUuh
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby Canada
In 2019, of the 185 Parties that have submitted their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) to the Paris Agreement, 96—representing 55 percent of global GHG emissions —have stated that they are planning or considering the use of carbon pricing as…September 8, 2020
Governments have the difficult yet doable task of balancing the budget, the climate crisis and social concerns. The Liberal Government is not on track to balancing our budget (1, 2). As well, despite signing the Paris Accord and having…September 7, 2020
CCL Canada acknowledges that enshrining the United Nation Declaration of the Rights of Indigenous People (U.N.D.R.I.P. ) under national law is part of our Reconciliation process and will also protect the air, water, land, and climate we all depend…July 8, 2020