Elections in Canada in 2022
- Ontario provincial election: June 2
- Ontario municipal elections: October 24
- Quebec provincial elections: October 22
- British Columbia municipal elections: October 15
- Manitoba municipal elections: October 26
- Prince Edward Island municipal elections: November 7
Citizens’ Climate Lobby Canada and Citizens’ Climate International Events
- CCL Canada national conference and lobby days in May 2022 – Sunday, May 1 to Tuesday, May 3, 2022 REGISTRATION COMING IN MARCH
- Citizens’ Climate Lobby USA conference in June in Washington DC: Saturday, June 11 – Monday, June 13, 2022 REGISTRATION COMING IN FEBRUARY
- Proposed Citizens’ Climate International Global conference and lobbying days, Tuesday, June 14, to Friday, June 17, 2022 – STAY TUNED and 100% online
- Proposed Citizens’ Climate Lobby Canada Provincial Parliamentarian online conference and lobbying breakfast/brunch in September – STAY TUNED and 100% online
- Proposed Citizens’ Climate International conference and lobby days also in late October that where we hope will join with many around the world just before COP 27 – STAY TUNED and 100% online
Key dates 2022
- Fridays For Future global day of action?
- Earth Day Friday, April 22, 2022
- May 2022: C7 in Germany
- May 24-25, 2021: W7 in Germany
- Sunday, June 5, 2022: UN World Environment Day
- UNFCCC SB meetings, Bonn, Germany June 6-16
- Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) Kigali, Rwanda, June 20, 2022
- June 26-28, 2022: G7 Leaders Summit in Germany
- September 21 – 27, 2022: UN Climate Week in NYC
- November 8-20, 2022: COP 27 Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt.
IPCC Reports in 2022
- February 21| Working Group II Report | Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability This report will cover the impacts of climate change on human and natural systems, observing their vulnerabilities, ability and limitations to adapt to climate change. It will look at options for creating a sustainable future through an equitable and integrated approach to mitigation and adaptation efforts at all scales.
- March 28 | Working Group III Report | Mitigation of Climate Change This report will focus on global and national efforts to mitigate the devastating and varying impacts of climate change, looking at innovation and solutions in energy and urban systems, and in sectors such as agriculture, forestry and land use, buildings, transport and industry. It will look at the link between short to medium and long-term plans to curb emissions, highlighting the importance of governments’ national action plans, the nationally determined contributions (NDCs) under the Paris Agreement.
- October 3| Synthesis Report | Climate Change 2022 Finally, the Synthesis report, which will integrate contributions from the three Working Groups as well as from the Special Reports produced within the cycle – Global Warming of 1.5C; Climate Change and Land; and the Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate – will be launched ahead of COP27.
The CCL Informational Calls on the Third Wednesday every month at three convenient times Join our intro call.
CCL International Calls
Since September 2010, Canadians have been joining CCL USA on their monthly calls. The CCL international call is conducted on the second Saturday on the Zoom Line. Look at the action sheets for full details.
CCL Canada calls
Since November 2011, Canadian group leaders have had our own monthly calls. Group leaders pick one call to sit in on. They take place on the Canadian Uberline (please look in the action sheets). Here is the schedule for Canadian calls that take place around the international call:
- The Thursday before, (5 pm PT/ 6 pm MT/ 7 pm CT/ 8 pm ET / 9 pm AT)
- The Friday before (8 am PT / 9 am MT / 10 am CT / 11 am ET / 12 pm AT)
- The Monday after the call 6 (6 pm PT/ 7 pm MT/ 8 pm CT/ 9 pm ET / 10 pm AT)
CCL Canada Education Call
Since January 2013 we have had our own CCL Canada Education Calls too usually two or three weeks after the monthly international call on a Tuesday and sometimes Thursdays (time varies) and they take place in the Citizens Climate International Zoom Room 3920795005 (passcode is in the emails for leaders). We as rule do not conduct these calls in June, July and August because summer is a time to savour the planet in Canada.
Until further notice, CCL Canada will not conduct national or regional events in-person due to the COVID crisis until we get an all-clear from Health Canada.