2017 Conferences and Regional Meetings
- October 21-24, 2017 – CCL Canada’s Fourth National Conference in Ottawa
Regularly scheduled calls
CCL International Calls: Since September 2010, Canadians have been joining CCL USA on their monthly calls. The CCL international call is conducted on the second Saturday on the Zoom Line. Register online for the call HERE if you are new to Citizens’ Climate Lobby.
CCL Canada calls: Since November 2011, Canadian group leaders have had our own calls. Group leaders pick one call to sit in on. Here is the schedule for Canadian calls that take place around the international call:
- The Thursday before, (6 pm PT/ 7 pm MT/ 8 pm CT/ 9 pm ET / 10 pm AT)
- The Friday before (8 am PT / 9 am MT / 10 am CT / 11 am ET / 12 pm AT)
- The Monday after the call 6 (6 pm PT/ 7 pm MT/ 8 pm CT/ 9 pm ET / 10 pm AT)
Plus the CCL Canada Educational call usually two or three weeks after the monthly international call on a Tuesday (time varies).
Look in the action sheets and CCL Canada emails for all phone numbers and how to connect online.
- February 2, 2017 – 10th anniversary of the Fourth report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC IV)
- Late February / March 2017 – Canadian Federal budget is usually released. What will be the carbon pricing details? Will there be Border Tax Adjustments? Which fossil fuel subsidies will be phased out first? Looking suspiciously like the day will be in late February.
- Monday, March 27 & Tuesday, March 28 – Upward & Onward: CCL Ontario’s Regional Conference & Lobby Day
- April is usually when Environment Canada releases the national GHG Inventory data
- April 9-12, 2017 – 100 years since the Battle of Vimy Ridge – a time to discuss global security and climate change
- Earth Day (April 22) – look for the Canada and/or United Nations to do something. April is a great month for outreach, letters to the editor, OpEds and visits to Editorial Boards.
- Saturday, April 22, 2017 – March for Science global day of action
- Saturday, April 29th, 2017 – The People’s Climate, global day of action
- World Environment Day: Monday, June 5, 2017 – Canada is the Host Country for the United Nations World Environment Day
- June 11-13 –CCL International Conference in Washington DC
- On July 1, 2017 – it is Canada’s 150th anniversary of the Confederation.
- September 3-9, 2017 – Canada to host the 46th session of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in Montréal,
- October 3-8, 2017 – Mexico City – North American carbon pricing event
- October 21-24, 2017 – CCL Canada’s Fourth National Conference and Lobbying Days
- November 6-17, 2017 – The Bonn Climate Conference (UNFCCC)
Be on the watch out for the USA pulling out of the Paris Climate Deal and the first State Visit between Canada and the USA