The PURPOSE of this group is to gather data and suggestions for good green questions to ask Sudburians to consider, with the focus being on transitioning away from a fossil fuel dependent economy to a low carbon economy. Good green questions to consider could fall under two main categories:
1) Transitioning to a low carbon economy
2) Holistic and sustainable development
Poverty reduction and social justice are common threads to both of these of these categories.
The MISSION of the group is to gather and discuss, facts and opinions of Sudburians on environmental, social, and environmental sustainability and then democratically determine which questions we would like to see answered at town halls around a particular issue.
Additional info: Green jobs, and mitigating and adapting to climate change are two main topics that have been identified. However, community sustainability and poverty reduction are the broad themes.
This group will work together and create a couple town halls prior to the 2014 Municipal and 2015 Federal elections and then conducting town halls during those elections for the candidates. The goal is to educate and collaborate with our fellow citizens about the problems facing Sudbury at this time of massive change.
WE ENVISION A RESILIENT COMMUNITY that has embraced the massive changes facing us. We are non-partisan and are not a special interest group. We seek the broadest input possible. We will use democratic processes and the internet to create good green questions that will help Sudbury solve the problems facing us.
The CORE PREMISES of this group are:
1) There are solutions to every problem.
2) Good problem solving begins with a good question.
3) The massive problems facing us require mass collaboration.
4) The politicians need our help to act on the issues facing us. 5) We can create a better tomorrow by collaborating on the net
6) 21st century problems should be solved with 21st century tools.
1) we seek to create questions that will help Sudbury solve problems around a particular issue
2) no politician or political party bashing
3) keep language positive and productive
Our VISION is to create a collaborative process at the grassroots level that will help Sudburians identify what we need to do to mitigate and adapt to climate change while creating better tomorrow for everyone.
Founded in June 2010.