Monthly Meeting and International Call 10 am PT / 1 pm ET
Saturday, December 10 Guests:
Sam Daley-Harris and Jay Butera
Most members of Congress do not go to Washington with the intention of being a champion for climate change solutions. So, how then do we turn them into one? RESULTS founder Sam Daley-Harris and CCL Senior Congressional Liaison Jay Butera join our December call to walk us through the process of moving members of Congress up the ladder of leadership on climate change.
Sam is currently the CEO and Founder of the Center for Citizen Empowerment and Transformationand author of “Reclaiming Our Democracy.”
Jay was instrumental in the founding of the bipartisan House Climate Solutions Caucus and is featured in Season Two of National Geographic’s documentary series on climate change, “Years of Living Dangerously.”
Join our next international call
Listen to or download the call from our podcasting channel or iTunes.
November 2016 Action Sheets – note that the call this month is on the CCL Zoom line at 10 am PT / 1 pm ET
Past Monthly Guests and Actions
Latest Tweets from CCL Canada
- MEDIA RELEASE: Citizen Lobbyists Cautiously Optimistic Canada’s Low Carbon Transition is Underway: Make 2019 Pledge… https://t.co/zho2NKl8vh
- Video: ROB WILLER Why your political discussions go nowhere Cross moral divide with respect&empathy Compassion too https://t.co/BpC57OdrQf
- Note to Breitbart: Earth Is Not Cooling, Climate Change Is Real and Please Stop Using Our Video to Mislead Americans https://t.co/0h9GqGxSNv
- Agreed: Liberal government’s online survey on electoral reform is biased, critics charge /via @globeandmail https://t.co/9uR6XQvmX4
- @NATOCanadaThank you for giving @citizensclimate the opportunity to make connections between climate change and c… https://t.co/ia46gSZd2d
- Interview with Cathy Orlando of Citizens Climate Lobby https://t.co/PrU1ESnYZ1
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby
MEDIA RELEASE: Citizen Lobbyists Cautiously Optimistic Canada’s Low Carbon Transition is Underway – Took a Pledge to Make Sure Progress Continues Past Election 2019 –
From November 26-29, 2016, 53 concerned volunteers lobbied on Parliament Hill for improvements to Canada’s current national carbon pricing policy and experienced their most productive week to date in their six-year history in Canada. They lobbied 40 Members of…December 7, 2016
CCL Canada Education Call, November 2016: The Sky’s Limit: Why the Paris Climate Goals Require a Managed Decline of Fossil Fuel Production
The data from Oil Change International is quite clear: If you understand climate change, you would not build another pipeline.November 24, 2016
What can Canada do in the face of an incoming American administration with seemingly no interest in international arrangements to price carbon pollution?
A big purpose of a nationally rising carbon price is to send a market signal to invest…November 20, 2016