Monthly Saturday International Call 10 am PT / 1 pm ET
March 11 Guest Speaker: Devashree Saha, Brookings Institution
Devashree Saha will discuss the decoupling of decarbonization and the economy, and how carbon emissions are declining despite a growing economy. She is a senior policy associate and associate fellow at the Brookings Institution Metropolitan Policy Program. Her research primarily focuses on the intersection of clean energy and economic development policy, including the transition to a clean energy economy.
Prior to joining Brookings, Saha worked at the National Governors Association, where her work spanned clean energy, transportation, and land use planning issues. She holds a Ph.D. in public policy from the University of Texas at Austin and a master’s in political science from Purdue University.
Latest Tweets from CCL Canada
- Gulf of Mexico waters are freakishly warm, which could mean explosive springtime storms https://t.co/3Q812lWVV3
- CCL live on Monday 6:15 pm EDST. Keynote Nancy Palardy, Envi. Commissioner's Office #CCLOntario2017 #OnwardUpward https://t.co/w6Ed5qZmit
- MEDIA RELEASE: Canada Budget 2017 Installment #1: The Trend To Clean Energy Is Irreversible https://t.co/sxvv5hIQzY https://t.co/jpoeP10LcC
- The White House calls climate change research a 'waste.' Actually, it's required by law https://t.co/CbroWVdVSm
- Heat and health: Doctors taking the pulse of the planet on climate change /via @globeandmail https://t.co/vixEtNM4e8
- Climate breaks multiple records in 2016, with global impacts. https://t.co/NmOaABYSVq
- Earth's temperatures are continuing to rise - and so are Americans' worries about it https://t.co/wgCi2HAeYq
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby Canada
CO2 is rising faster now than in other time in human history. Going forward, Canada and the world needs a carbon price of at least $150 tonne by 2030, elimination of fossil fuel subsidies, and border tax adjustments…March 24, 2017
Frankly, Canada’s current carbon price of $50 per tonne by 2022 won’t be enough to meet Canada’s goal of reducing emissions to 30% below 2005 levels by 2030. As well, this goal is woefully inadequate. If every country…March 20, 2017
March 8 is International Women’s Day. With the election of Donald Trump and all the unraveling of climate action in the USA, as a mother of three girls, protecting my daughters and all women from the ravages of climate…March 7, 2017