Dr. James Hansen Supports our Parliamentary e-petition
#e2542 #CarbonCashback #ClimateIncome
7 May 2020
Dr. James Hansen
Oh, Canada! Friends to the south and around the world turn their lonely eyes to you.
For more than a decade we have searched the world for a nation to demonstrate the one carbon pricing approach that would work: a rising carbon fee, collected from fossil fuel companies, with the funds distributed uniformly, 100 percent, to the nation’s citizens: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14XypWkRWvX8CDPAPUBC3g28oDMo9ijXz
Eighty percent of the public would come out ahead, their monthly dividend more than offsetting increased prices of fuel and products made from fossil fuels. Wealthy people with big carbon footprints lose money, but they can afford it.
This money must be given to the public openly as a bank deposit, debit card deposit or cheque, not hidden in some complex calculation in annual income tax forms.
Some politicians resist this. They want the money to give to their benefactors. The fossil fuel industry fights it tooth and nail, as they understand that it is the one approach that, over time, would lead to phase-in of clean energies in place of fossil fuels.
If you are Canadian (only Canadians can sign) please sign the petition:
How to sign the e-2542
- First: login / sign up at the government website
- Second: sign the Petition. https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2542
- Third: click the confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you don’t get a confirmation email, please sign it again.
Please help spread the petition
- If you are on Twitter please retweet and comment CCL Canada Tweets and Dr. Hansen’s Tweets about #e2542 #carboncashback #climateincome
- Directly message on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as well as Phone Text the following message to your friends:
Dear <Name of recipient>,
I am hoping you might do something for me today.
Do you mind signing this petition?
It is on a government website.
It is about carbon pricing.
Of course, it is evidence-based.
Here is how to sign:
1st: login / sign up at the government website
2nd: sign the Petition
3rd: click the confirmation email email@example.com “House of Commons Petitions / Pétitions de la Chambre des communes”
4th: tell me you signed it.